Michigan Restaurant Insurance
The hearty homegrown flavors of the Midwest abound here, allowing Michigan restaurants to feature traditional tastes and regional favorites. Deciding to protect your investment and enjoy true peace of mind is an important step for food service professionals in the Wolverine State.
All across “The Mitten” hard-working business owners offer unique taste experiences. Enjoying Mackinaw Island fudge in Petoskey or pastries in the U.P. makes flavorful vacation memories, while Detroit-style pizza and craft beer bring the locals together in Ann Arbor and Lansing. With the right restaurant insurance package, creating those memorable experiences can be your primary focus.
Insurance Policy Recommendations for Beverage and Food Service Professionals
Crafting the perfect policy for restaurant insurance in Michigan means identifying the right balance of coverage options for your unique business needs.
The complete policy that covers all of the inherent risks of beverage and food service may include:
- General Liability Insurance covers customer property damage and bodily injury from slip and fall accidents as well as other common liability claims.
- Liquor Liability Insurance in Michigan protects you or your employees in the event that an intoxicated customer causes damage or injury to others. Maintaining a liquor license may require this coverage.
- Commercial Property Insurance covers losses caused by an equipment breakdown, kitchen fires, natural disasters, and other damage to physical property.
- Business Owners Policy (BOP) Insurance offers the combined protection of the most common policies, including coverage for business interruption, property damage, and personal injury.
- Directors and Officers Insurance (D&O) protects the directors and officers, as well as their spouses, from claims against their corporation.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance (E&O) covers liability claims for incomplete or negligent actions performed in the normal course of business operation.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance is a typical state requirement which covers employee medical expenses, lost wages, and possible legal costs if they are injured in the workplace.
Average Restaurant and Bar Insurance Costs in Michigan
Our industry experts can provide you with an individualized quote after evaluating your business and considering factors like your location, size, and off-site operations.
These numbers provide a general idea of how much Michigan restaurant owners pay for their insurance:
- Business Owner’s Policy: Between $1,100 and $10,500 each year.
- General Liability Insurance: From $500 to $6,000 annually.
- Property Insurance: Averages $1,000 to $2,250 for small restaurants per year.
- Liquor Liability Insurance: Yearly premiums range from $350 to $2,900.
- Workers Comp Insurance: Ranges from $600 annually, up to $10,000.
Does Your Michigan Muffin Shop Need Coverage?
Pastie stands, candy stores, and corner taverns all need comprehensive protection when the unexpected strikes.
All of these home-style diners and cutting-edge clubs need Michigan restaurant insurance:
- Delicatessens and Sandwich Shops
- Fine Dining Destinations
- Casual Family Restaurants
- Smokehouses and BBQ wagons
- Bakeries and Candy Stores
- Country Bars and Downtown Clubs
- Blues Joints, Jazz Clubs, and Polka Fests
- Pizzerias and Ice Cream Parlors
- Lakefront Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Private Chef Services and Catering Businesses
- Beer Gardens and Farmer’s Markets
- Mobile Food and Street Vendors
- Drink Carts and Golf Concessions
Cities We Serve
- Grand Rapids
- Sterling Heights
- Ann Arbor
Protecting Your Personal Reputation and Business Investment
Your positive attitude and hard work create family memories and strengthen community relationships through satisfying food and relaxing beverages. Knowing you’ve protected yourself and your family from unexpected challenges makes food service insurance in Michigan an appetizing and affordable choice that’s easy to swallow.
You can taste the difference Tabak Insurance Agency makes by calling us today at (281) 857-6426 or by using our easy online contact form. Our recipe for success is based on 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry, and we can’t wait to cook up an individualized restaurant insurance quote to suit your appetite for protection.